Monday, January 21, 2013

Useful Shortcuts When Writing about Music

It has been a pain in the... nether-region (I'm not supposed to swear) trying to write about music online and having to manually put in sharps, flats and natural signs from Microsoft word. If you are wanting to copy these symbols from this page, go right ahead, however, there are some shortcuts in Word that you can use to get these to pop up, so here they are:

“♪” – type ‘266a’ then hit alt-X
“♫” –type ‘266b’ then hit alt-X
” –type ‘266c’ then hit alt-X
”–type ‘266d’ then hit alt-X
”–type ‘266e’ then hit alt-X
”–type ‘266f’ then hit alt-X

(To be honest, this is as much for me as it is for you guys, this way i dont have to search the web for the codes over and over again)

Unfortunately I havent been able to get these shortcuts to work in blogger yet. (I'm working on it though. If anybody has already figured it out, comment and let me know!!!! )

No comments:

Post a Comment