Sunday, September 9, 2012

Who Does Halftime Belong To????

I was watching the Cy-Hawk game this Saturday. ( Congrats Iowa State for winning the Cy-Hawk trophy again 9-6. Go Cyclones!!!!!!)

I noticed, though, that during the football games on TV that the football games are shown in near entirety, however you see maybe 2 minutes of the marching band of you are lucky. I understand that the sports channels don't consider marching band to be a sport ( although it totally is, but that is another post). But the marching bands put in too much time and effort putting shows together each week to only get two minutes of time. I don't know about anyone else, but I would be much more interested in watching the matching bands perform at halftime than some middle-aged men in suits recap plays that WE JUST GOT DONE WATCHING!!!!

Don't get me wrong; I love watching football, and the players make some really amazing plays that deserve some recognition, but doesn't the marching band deserve some too????

No comments:

Post a Comment